Re: help wanted page

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: help wanted page
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:59:03 +0000

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 03:19:00PM +0000, Ian Hulin wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>> I've made a first draft of the "help us" page:
>> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/help-us.html
>
> "To get the source code, see Starting with git."
> I've got problems with this here and in the CG.  The reason is that
> You're making a lot of assumptions about potential contributers'
> experience

There's only so much we can explain on this page -- and, for that
matter, the CG.

I've revamped the "help us" page (should be visible on kainhofer
tomorrow), and added a bit of general info to the CG about doc
source files, output formats, etc.  At this point, I think we've
reached a point of diminishing returns... if anybody is seriously
interested in doc work and doesn't understand these points, a few
sentences in an email about his specific concerns will clear it
up.

If you'd like to work more about this point in the CG, I of course
have no objections.  The main point of the "Help us" page is to
get potentially interested readers into the relevant part of the
CG, and I think (with the revised page) we're a lot closer to
getting that part done.