Re: help wanted page

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: help wanted page
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:45:36 +0000

Valentin Villenave wrote:
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 7:05 PM, David Pounder <address@hidden> wrote:
Very small point, but the phrase "Frogs are simple LilyPond users" would be better
expressed as "Frogs are simply LilyPond users" as the former has an undesired
implication, at least in UK English.

Hehe. It never occurred to me, but now that you're mentioning it... :-)

Cheers,
Valentin
Probably the best phrasing is "Frogs are ordinary Lilypond users". Maybe Vincent didn't write this because "ordinaire" in French can also mean "vulgar" or "common-as-muck". I'm sure Vincent would never dream of writing something like that about is Frogs. . . :-}.

Cheers,

Ian