Re: lilypond-book is hosed

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book is hosed
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:45:27 +0000

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 08:55:23PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> In my way of fixing lilypond-book hashing, I'm afraid I'll have to
> revert 4c5a581ca25398669b9ecbc7a606febb09e60214 "lilypond-book: Change
> md5 hashing strategy", because ignoring fragment options for the hash
> which have an impact on music typesetting is wrong.

Remember why we did this: the regtest filenames weren't matching
up between versions because the [options] changed.  I have a nicer
solution, though: for the regtests (and *only* the regtests), use
the filename instead of any hash function.

Yes, this would mean that any modified regtest will show up on the
regtest comparison -- but I think that's a feature, not a bug.
The bug meisters *should* be made aware of any changed regtest[1],
even if both versions look perfect.

[1] remember that we don't expect bug meisters to know anything
about code, git, or anything like that -- we only assume that they
have a web browser and email.