Re: changes to Clef

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: changes to Clef
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:20:32 +1100

>>>>> "Graham" == Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:

Graham> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 07:51:03PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

Graham> I'd rather keep them at the end, to somewhat discourage their
Graham> use.  Only music history geeks will understand them; \treble
Graham> is much more widely understood.

Not entirely true.  Music theoreticians will also understand them --
the `treble' clef is a G clef on the second staff line; the `bass'
clef is an F clef on the fourth staff line -- that's how it was always
explained to me when I was learning music.  And check the Wikipedia
article on Clef.
Dr Peter Chubb      peter DOT chubb AT           ERTOS within National ICT Australia
From Imagination to Impact                       Imagining the (ICT) Future