Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:03:16 +0200

2010/4/10 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> Hi John,
>
> I fixed make -C Documentation po-update which has
> been broken for quite some time now.  However, there
> are a couple of things that I cannot fix, as I do
> not understand what it's for.
>
> Can you please have a look at my questions in commit
> 858e506, ie
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=858e506c2ae6bd444db27f003544416a081788d3
>
> The .po files in Documentation/po are /huge/ and I
> esp. do not understand why they have @node names
> in them, and not only english ones.

True, I have 1685 untranslated strings into es.po, most of them are
es/fr/de/etc. node names.  Would it worth the effort updating only
fuzzies for now? I mean, would they be kept? I have 885 fuzzies.

Besides, if someone has any idea on how to fix the truncated anchor
names in HTML docs, it would be much appreciated.  Symptoms are:
Anchor has the form

  displaying-pitches.es.html#Transposici_00f3n-de-los-instrumentos

but links to it have the form

  displaying-pitches.es.html#Transposicion-de-los-instrument

[two characters are missing for each UTF-8 character in the original
string] so, links with accented vowels do not work.

I myself could take a look if I find the time.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com