Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:32:57 -0400

Hi Graham,

> could I ask you to stop immediately and wait a few months?

OK.

My (Lilypond-engraved) musical is getting another production in July with me
MD-ing; my (Lilypond-engraved) quartet is getting two new performances and a CD
release this summer; I've got three new commissions I've got to get done (and
Lilypond-engraved) ASAP; my wife and I are closing on a new house on Tuesday;
and we're going to be first-time parents in August.

In other words, I've got more than enough stuff to fill my time.  ;)

Hopefully, when Lilypond is ready to make my development startup easy, I'll
have time for Lilypond development. In the meantime, perhaps I can send diff
files -- if that process isn't too difficult -- for simple(r) patches, like my
underline enhancement.

> I simply can't do anything better than this. (at least, not without tossing
> my PhD out the window)

Definitely don't do that!  =)

Thanks,
Kieren.