Re: ambitus: special handling of small ambits' lines (issue4609041)

From: lemniskata . bernoullego
Subject: Re: ambitus: special handling of small ambits' lines (issue4609041)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:03:34 +0000

2011/6/13 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

Janek Warchoł wrote Monday, June 13, 2011 2:51 PM

2011/6/13  <address@hidden>:

a) It would be better to honour the value of 'gap if this
is set by the user, rather than change a specifically
requested gap value.

My rationale is that it wouldn't make sense to set a big gap and
really want to have it applied to all ambituses.

Your algorithm is fine as the default behaviour, but it does remove
the
ability for a user to precisely set the gap he wants by setting 'gap,
for whatever reason.  This seems counter to Lily's flexible user
control,
but I don't feel too strongly about it.

Ok, let's give the user precise control.
I added a parameter which controlls this, but no reasonable name for it
(and for some intermediate stages in the code) comes to my mind.
Any suggestions to what should i change "woot" and "unwooted"?

Also, adding a new property means it has to be written somewhere -
i only found define-grobs.scm, but this is not enough: i get the
following
warning when i compile

warning: cannot find property type-check for `woot' (backend-type?).
         perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

Where else should i include it? I tried searching for "AmbitusLine",
but the only files i got (besides docs) were the two that i have.

Ofc i'm aware that this [quanting] is perhaps as nitpicky as it can
go :D

OK.  It is! :)   Does it scale correctly with large and small values
of
global staff-size?

Yes, the quanting stays the same.

cheers,