Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 08:15:04 +0000

On 2011/07/03 07:22:07, Graham Percival wrote:
1. all // comments are now hard-left (i.e. in column 0).

This is fixed in the new patch set.
The pre-filter was collapsing all whitespace, bringing single-line
comments to the left edge, and astyle is conservative about re-indenting
these, unless we change options.

I just made the pre-filter less aggressive, because I hope the prefilter
eventually withers away to nothing.

2. some multi-line comments are still modified:

    vector<Grob *> writable_elts (elts);
    /*
-    Copy in order specified in BREAK-ALIGN-ORDER.
+   Copy in order specified in BREAK-ALIGN-ORDER.
    */

Astyle preserved the alignment, relative to the /*, in the original.  I
see comments being well-preserved -- re-indented as solid blocks with
the contents intact -- if I compare the results to master.

I'll push this fix to dev/gperciva-astyle, so we don't get confused
between versions

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662074/