Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 12:49:59 +0100

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 01:43:40AM -0700, Keith OHara wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 01:15:04 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >Astyle preserved the alignment, relative to the /*, in the original.
>
> That is to say, I think you were comparing against the output of
> fixcc.py+emacs
> Emacs re-formats the comments, so the mis-formatting you see was in the
> original.

mao, how many times am I going to make the same mistake?!

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 19:41:15 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >Can you make it possible for us to see the diff caused by applying this
> >script to the files you've mentioned?
> >

> I will soon (unless Graham beats me to it) for a small sampling of files.
> It was awkward to set up branches correctly to create the diff;
> I'll get back to it when I'm not tired.

Here's a complete run:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=710b0d99b331a824d0ed3d09f3f5f43d559b71b0
or on your own git:
git diff origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc origin/dev/gperciva-astyle-keith

I've spent a few minutes skimming through it without finding
anything disagreeable.