Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable 2?)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable 2?)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:33:04 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> I still don't feel that we have any kind of consensus on this.
> Here's an updated proposal.

Ah, great.

So what if we add a --log option to lilypond-book (and probably
to lilypond), that [always in verbose mode?] writes individual
.log files alongside the output.  Would this fix 90% of this
proposal?  Sure, we also have metafont/post, fontforge.

I can imagine also adding stepmake rules to handle V=0 for
c/c++ compilation.  Possibly not logging that would be OK,
because a new compile with V=1 would almost instantly show
the problem?

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl