RE: some comments do not appear in the tracker page

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: some comments do not appear in the tracker page
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:21:33 +0000

Janek,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Janek Warchoł [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 29 July 2011 05:49
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: address@hidden; Lilypond Bugreports
)
)James,
)
)2011/7/27 James Lowe <address@hidden>:
)> Janek
)>
)> )On Behalf Of Janek Warchol:
)> )there is a problem with comments in the tracker.  At least 2 comments
)> )didn't make it to the "changing G clef" issue page:
)> )- Trevor's comment from July 26th, containing sentence "The G clef
)> font )was changed 18 months or so ago by Carl without all this fuss"
)> )- Carls comment, perhaps from July 25th, containing sentence "This
)> )proposal was based on Graham's assertion that 2.16 is 10 days away
)> from )release"
)>
)> Are these messages you are missing on the tracker itself (as opposed to
)someone just replying to the email that the tracker generates)?
)
)Umm, i don't understand what you mean...
)
)When you go to
)http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1752
), do you see any message sent by Trevor? For example "I agree.  LilyPond
)has many glyphs.  If we start using overrides to select glyphs with minor
)differences where might it end?"
)?
)I don't see it there and it didn't appear in my e-mail account.  The only
)place where i can see it is bug- archives:
)http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2011-07/msg00375.html
)... oh well, i found it.  I've disabled receiving e-mails from bug-lilypond,
)silly me.  I remember now that i did this a long time ago as they seemed
)irrelevant to me, and i never noticed the difference...
)Ugh  <bangs his head with a club>.
)Still, i think that it'd be better if every message related to a tracker issue
)appeared as a comment in the tracker.
)

Yes it would be nice, however the tracker doesn't ... err track responses and
adds them. So you do have to make sure that an email is from the tracker being
updated and not just from someone replying :)

I think if you want to make it easier to keep.. err track.. then you could set
up a simple email rule looking for specific key words in the subject because if
I reply to an email from the tracker vs edit the tracker which sends an email
they do contain almost identical strings in the email itself. The main
difference is that one will contain 'RE:' or whatever the language for that is.
There is you clue also if the response is entered or not.

Confused?

:)

James