RE: NR 5.5.4 - Modifying ties and slurs

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: NR 5.5.4 - Modifying ties and slurs
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:55:36 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Trevor Daniels [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 07 August 2011 23:04
)To: James Lowe; Neil Puttock
)Cc: Lily-Devel List
)
)James Lowe wrote Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:24 PM
)
)>> If I navigate to TieColumn,
)>>
)>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/internals/tiecolumn
)>>
)>> there's a list of interfaces at the bottom, one of which is
)>> tie-column-interface.  If I follow this link, there's a description
)>> of
)>> tie-configuration:
)>>
)>
)> Right. So why do I need to care about TieColumn? Why not just get
)> straight to desert and link to tie-column-interface - it's
)> back-referenced anyway back to TieColumn?
)
)Any override has to be applied to the grob - the TieColumn.
)So this should be the primary entity referenced.
)
)There are many properties which are not set by default in certain grobs
)and have to be looked up in the interfaces.  How to do this is clearly
)explained in the LM.  See
)http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/learning/properties-
)found-in-interfaces
)So referencing the grob is correct.
)

OK, thanks for the clarification.

Pushed as

commit  476d8dc8ff51a5084030eda03013312dbb8c5859

Sorry for this.

James