Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Segfault 2.15.23 Span_bar_stub_engraver
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 09:02:52 +0100

Keith OHara <address@hidden> writes:

> Jay Anderson <horndude77 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > I can't produce the segfault, either.
>>
>> Strange I can consistently reproduce it (just pulled the latest and
>> recompiled): Ubuntu 11.10, gcc 4.6.1.
>
> If you have *only* seen it in compiles with gcc 4.6.1 it might be the
> compiler bug (yes, really a gcc bug) that David found.
> <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1997>
> He patched the new makefiles to avoid the bug by turning off some option
> to gcc, based on a test that happens if you re-run ./configure

If he hadn't rerun configure since before version 2.15.21, I think that
the compilation would likely have failed for other reasons.  The problem
report is for 2.15.23.  It may be worth for him to report the CXXFLAGS
setting in config.status just to be on the safe side, but I consider it
unlikely that this particular problem has not already been covered.