Re: New Patchy thread

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: New Patchy thread
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:49:23 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:42 PM

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:37:33PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
I assume I need to do something to update my git repo.  However,
it's vanilla and created using lily-git, so we would need
instructions on how to do this anyway.  Anyone know what's needed?

I'll bet you a tenner that you used the OLD lily-git.tcl[1], which
only gets a subset of the repository.

[1] by "OLD", I unfortunately mean "the lily-git.tcl in the latest
lilydev, so you're doing completely what we expect from a good and
conscientious developer" [2].

[2] it would be really nice if lilydev 2.0 could come out soon.

I did.  AFAICS, the new lily-git isn't pushed as yet?

Could you:

1) delete your current lilypond dir, then run:
 git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

2) put the resulting "lilypond" in the location you want, quite
possibly renaming it to lilypond-git as well

3) change that repo so you have push access

4) try again?

- Graham

Soon.

--