Re: LoMuS

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LoMuS
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:29:46 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> So don't think of spending the $5000 on LilyPond: spend your time.
>> That's what this is supposed to enable.
>
> Of course.  They give me money to enable me spending time on LilyPond
> instead of doing some other summertime job.  The lucky thing is that
> my costs of living are currently quite low (since i'm living with
> parents, and outside of Euro zone).  Thus, some/a lot of [1] money
> will remain - kind of a bonus.

Trust me on that: it is not particularly likely that by the time you
stop contributing to LilyPond, the total worth of the time and thinking
you will have put into it will be less than that.

> Since there are loads of things that i need in Lily, and i cannot code
> them all myself, i think i'll pay someone to do them :)

Won't likely work: I don't think there is much of a difference in
helpfulness you can get with money from most LilyPond developers.  They
do what they can anyway.