Re: Issue 4154: Compact Chord Symbols Patch (issue 153160043 by address@

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Issue 4154: Compact Chord Symbols Patch (issue 153160043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 13:01:29 +0100

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 11:36 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> On 2014/10/09 11:08:16, richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 17:41 +0000, mailto:address@hidden wrote:
> > > Reviewers: ,
> > >

> https://codereview.appspot.com/153160043/diff/1/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm
> > > File scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm (right):
> > >

> https://codereview.appspot.com/153160043/diff/1/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm#newcode98
> > > scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm:98: (vector-ref #("C" "D" "E" "F" "G"
> "A"
> > > "B") (ly:pitch-notename
> > > This looks like a bad idea.  It does not obey the various chord name
> > > languages.  It does not use the same callbacks.  It is a large
> > > duplication of code not connected with the other code and not using
> the
> > > same options, functionality and interfaces.
>
> > When I saw this (on the lilypond-devel mailing list) I thought this
> was
> > a comment about the existing code. The code quoted is the existing
> code,
> > which I haven't changed.
>
> It most certainly isn't the existing code.

Well, that depends what I meant by the existing code - the specific file
I was modifying calls chordRootNamer which is initialized to
note-name->markup which is in chord-names.scm:62, and that is where the
quoted construct exists in the current lilypond code, in fact I see it
is repeated several times in that file.

Richard