Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by addre

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:36:30 +0000

On 2014/10/31 13:20:01, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2014/10/31 06:39:45, Keith wrote:
> If I understand, this is the style where if one part plays solo, you
show the
> rests of the resting part on the score.  J.F.Lucarelli used that
style for
> Dvorák Symph #7 at
>   http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1901
> which is a good test-case for partcombine and its override
functions.

Judging from the previews, yes, for example the clarinets.  I also
notice that
there is an a2 section, so it's a case of preventing solo I/II without
changing
the chord range from the default (the feature this ticket is actually
about).

Do you have a good suggestion how we could separate out the part
engraving forced decision into settings that operate per-voice rather
than per-part-engraver?  It would not likely help all that much with a
"chord range" setting which indeed always applies to the combination of
both voices, but it would seem like it would put the information where
one would look for it.

Maybe something like \forceAutomatic \forceChord \forceApart \forceSolo
with increasing priority (Solo in one voice beats Chord in the other)?

https://codereview.appspot.com/144170043/