Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by addre

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Add chord range to make-part-combine-music (issue 144170043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 22:50:35 +0000

On 2014/10/31 13:36:31, dak wrote:
Do you have a good suggestion how we could separate out the part
engraving
forced decision into settings that operate per-voice rather than
per-part-engraver?

Maybe something like \forceAutomatic \forceChord \forceApart
\forceSolo with
increasing priority (Solo in one voice beats Chord in the other)?

Rock crushes scissors, jazz beats rock.  I'll think about it when I get
into solo inhibition, but first I'll redo the chord-range option
properly.

One thing just occurred to me.  If this option is going into the UI, do
you think the numbers should be 1-based for easier comprehension by
musicians?  For example, use '(1 . 9) to allow chording unisons to
ninths, rather than '(0 . 8)?

https://codereview.appspot.com/144170043/