Re: Migrating the Issues DB from Google Code to Savannah

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Migrating the Issues DB from Google Code to Savannah
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 13:53:25 +0200

Il giorno mer 22 lug 2015 alle 8:23, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

 Il giorno mer 22 lug 2015 alle 0:22, Trevor Daniels
 <address@hidden> ha scritto:
 My conclusion is that we can no longer rely on having a working
 Issues DB at SourceForge before the service at Google Code ceases,
 and must therefore aim to transfer the DB directly to our VM at
 Savannah.  Let's hope that the migration works rather better once
 Allura is installed there.

 Given these difficulties I think we must now aim to migrate to
 Allura on our VM at Savannah as soon as possible.  So where do we
stand in installing Allura on the VM and in redeveloping our scripts
 to work with Allura?  Are Federico and Carl respectively still
 working on these aspects?

 I started working on it yesterday. I got stuck while setting up the
 web server because I _think_ that there's some server setup, out of
our VM, which redirects any http request to the IP to the welcome page
 on chapters.gnu.org

I seem to remember that we only got some odd port punching through to
our VM, sharing the IP address with a number of other VM's.  So you'll
probably need to use a http link including the port number in the
browser URL and make Allura listen to that particular port for HTTP
requests.

Awkward like anything. I don't think that one do port redirections via DNS so we might be stuck with such URLs including a port number for the
time being.

I don't think that this is the problem (port 80 should be open), but I might try configuring the web server to accept requests on some particular port.. but which one? I've already tried 8080, one of the ports we asked to keep open (I think), with no success.

Nacho should have the answer but I didn't hear from him in the last 10 days...

 I've asked Nacho of gnu.org to have a look at this asap, explaining
 him our urgency. (BTW, I'm going in holidays on 3rd of August..)

I hope to finish the setup within Sunday. If I get stuck with anything
 I'll ask for help also here.

I wrote again to Nacho on 27th but no reply. Bad moment, I guess. He might be in holidays. I'm also in holidays now and I'll probably won't see much my computer in the next 3 weeks.

I hope that someone else can take care of the Allura deployment. It turned out to be not easy at all. The documentation is not that good. It's currently split between the wiki on Sourceforhe and the real manual (built with Sphinx) on readthedocs.org The installation instructions are only for testing and not for real deployments.

Anybody has experience in deploying python applications through wsgi or uwsgi?
I tried nginx + uwsgi but 'm stuck here:
http://lists.unbit.it/pipermail/uwsgi/2015-July/008104.html

The guys at #allura on freenode (in particular brondsem) will be glad to help.