Re: Let \addlyrics accept an optional context mod (issue 255610043 by ad

From: dak
Subject: Re: Let \addlyrics accept an optional context mod (issue 255610043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 10:42:03 +0000

On 2015/08/03 10:24:32, thomasmorley651 wrote:
Can't review parser-code.

Otherwise:
Doing \layout { \context { \Lyrics ... } } will work for the Lyrics
created by
\addlyrics as well. Thus it's more than consistent to allow \with {
... } for
\addlyrics. I'd say it was a badly missing feature.

Not all that badly missing: the list wisdom was more or less "for more
complicated things, you need to use \lyricsto".  For this particular
complicated thing, however, the restriction appeared arbitrary.

My point: Looks very good to me!

About Documentation:
Put it in:
"
NR 5.1.5 Changing context default settings
Changing just one specific context
"
Wherelse?
Maybe as an exception from:
" The \with block must be placed immediately after the \new
context-type
command"

I think we should have some table with context starters and mode change
commands somewhere also listing (discouraged but convenient) shorthands
like \chords, \figures, \lyrics and listing which commands start a
different mode and which create a context (and consequently allow for
\with ...).

I mean, \addlyrics like \lyrics implies a \new Lyrics while \lyricsto
doesn't, but all of those three imply \lyricmode.

Offtopic:

https://codereview.appspot.com/255610043/diff/10003/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm
File scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/255610043/diff/10003/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm#newcode53
scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm:53: (if (ly:music? (cdr sigcar))
Not related to this patch:
I stumbled across this two days ago with 2.19.24. and found out James
and you
already noticed.
Obviously you fixed it. Is there an issue on the tracker for it?

No.  It just happens for erroneous input (in which case you get a
followup error instead of an error message).  I just fixed it on the
fly.  If we need a record for it, feel free to create an issue.  In that
case I'm sorry for this drive-by shooting of a bug.

https://codereview.appspot.com/255610043/