Re: Let \addlyrics accept an optional context mod (issue 255610043 by ad

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Let \addlyrics accept an optional context mod (issue 255610043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 11:20:37 +0000

On 2015/08/03 10:42:03, dak wrote:
On 2015/08/03 10:24:32, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> Can't review parser-code.
>
> Otherwise:
> Doing \layout { \context { \Lyrics ... } } will work for the Lyrics
created by
> \addlyrics as well. Thus it's more than consistent to allow \with {
... } for
> \addlyrics. I'd say it was a badly missing feature.

Not all that badly missing: the list wisdom was more or less "for more
complicated things, you need to use \lyricsto".  For this particular
complicated
thing, however, the restriction appeared arbitrary.

> My point: Looks very good to me!
>
> About Documentation:
> Put it in:
> "
> NR 5.1.5 Changing context default settings
> Changing just one specific context
> "
> Wherelse?
> Maybe as an exception from:
> " The \with block must be placed immediately after the \new
context-type
> command"

I think we should have some table with context starters and mode
change commands
somewhere also listing (discouraged but convenient) shorthands like
\chords,
\figures, \lyrics and listing which commands start a different mode
and which
create a context (and consequently allow for \with ...).

I mean, \addlyrics like \lyrics implies a \new Lyrics while \lyricsto
doesn't,
but all of those three imply \lyricmode.

Could we integrate this into

(save a new tracker?)

James

https://codereview.appspot.com/255610043/