Re: Add usage of OpenType font feature to the documents (issue 328140043

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Add usage of OpenType font feature to the documents (issue 328140043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:48:09 -0700

If Pango really is agnostic of the features, that is really exciting
and a bit
mysterious ;-).

Why?  It's not Pango but HarfBuzz that processes (i.e., applies) the
OpenType features to a run of glyphs.

Perhaps a note should be added, though, to mention that if the
user requests a feature that doesn't exist in the chosen font, then
the feature
is simply ignored.

Yep.

Is there a web-based tool that can do this? That'd eliminate
the need to install another app just to inspect a font's features. I
use
FontForge all the time, so I understand how to do it, but a "normal"
user
probably won't have a font editor.

I'm not aware of such an online tool.  I've posted a question on
Typedrawers.

http://typedrawers.com/discussion/2292/list-of-opentype-font-feature-inspection-tools

https://codereview.appspot.com/328140043/