Re: Lilypond website

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: Lilypond website
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:37:22 -0200

* Chip Zoller (address@hidden) wrote:

> I can assure you that no professional engraver will use something
> that has to be engraved through a command line!

What about SCORE? It has been used by the largest publication houses
like Barenreiter, Universal Edition, Schott, Breitkopf & Hartel,
G. Schirmer, Boosey & Hawkes, Ricordi.

> Finale is used by some of the world's largest publication houses
> (even Barenreiter) and I don't think they would all be using it if a
> better approach to engraving existed.

Interestingly, I found the new (and expensive) Barenreiter
edition of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 poorly engraved compared with
the usual Barenreiter editions. Probably because they've switch from
SCORE to finale. :-)

Pedro