Re: lilypond-book

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:44:44 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> Why do we need to have \lilypond{}, anyway?  I mean, what's
> wrong with
> \begin{lilypond}
> \end{lilypond}

The initial idea (now broken in lilypond-book) was for \lilypond{}
to be a friendly way to get inline notes, without parskip and whatnot.

Typing \lilypond{bes''} is a bit friendlier than
esp. within a paragraph.

> It just seems to me that maintaining \lilypond{} is more trouble than
> it's worth.

I think it just broke because of the lilypond-book rewrite, and the
decision to require [fragment] explicitly.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter       |