Re: notation for pitch bends and drops

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: notation for pitch bends and drops
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:27:39 +0100

Search the mailing list archives for some hacks people have used
to get these symbols.

address@hidden wrote:
In lilypond, is there the ability to get symbols that are common in
jazz notation such as drops, falls, doits, bends, squeezes, turns, and

For examples:

In the articulations section of the lily manual I only see classical
music notation. The closest I can think of is the glissando, but in
jazz that symbol sometimes is often tied to only one note, either
leading to or from, and I would like to get that effect as well.

What I really need are the bends and falls, and gliss markings that
are more flexible.

I would really like to use Lilypond, but I may have to go back to
Finale if this not work out :(

Any suggestions? Will these markings be made available?

lilypond-user mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems