Re: lay out

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: Re: lay out
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

I did some testing and lilypond doesn't like nesting
but it produces output in some instances.

What I get from this and the more pictures thread is
that some rules and I mean rules would help the
beginner.

ie this is how you build a vocal score, a piano score
etc.

would ease the entry to beginners. When all is said
and done it is still not trivial to create a score
from scratch.

What about an abstraction level where lilypond
--level-beginner would read a new type of structed
lilypond for beginners where only a fixed structure is
allowed.

\version
\layout
\header
\score
\midi

and make the structure  as clear and easy as possible.

then there could be abstraction levels for
intermediate which will allow more freedom etc.

If a structural wish list was allowed however here is
what I would want.

1. A real separation of content and formatting.