Re: lay out

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: Re: lay out
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

I did some testing and lilypond doesn't like nesting
but it produces output in some instances.

What I get from this and the more pictures thread is
that some rules and I mean rules would help the

ie this is how you build a vocal score, a piano score

would ease the entry to beginners. When all is said
and done it is still not trivial to create a score
from scratch.

What about an abstraction level where lilypond
--level-beginner would read a new type of structed
lilypond for beginners where only a fixed structure is

and make the structure  as clear and easy as possible.

then there could be abstraction levels for
intermediate which will allow more freedom etc.

If a structural wish list was allowed however here is
what I would want.

1. A real separation of content and formatting.

Do You Yahoo!?