Re: Output other than PDF

From: Kris Shaffer
Subject: Re: Output other than PDF
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:03:25 -0400

Brett,
I am also using Lilypond on Mac OS X. The Python script is how you run Lilypond in the terminal as well. Open a terminal and type

  lilypond -h

If you get the Lilypond help output, then you're all set to use Lilypond in the terminal with commands from Chapter 5. (If not, see the README instructions for correctly configuring it) For example, to generate a PNG at a resolution of 200, you enter

  lilypond --png --dresolution=200 filename.ly

This should produce a PNG instead of a PDF. There is also an option for PS.

Kris Shaffer