Pythonization (was Re: Roadmap to lily code)

From: andrea valle
Subject: Pythonization (was Re: Roadmap to lily code)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:21:46 +0100

(Could be of some interest so I keep it on the list)

I'm also not sure it's a good idea. If you want python, it would be better to start afresh with a python version of LilyPond, and move speed-critical things to C(++). Then, end-result will be more "pythonic"

And in that case? Could you make a rough estimation? Is it feasible or is it (as a matter of facts) science fiction?

I imagine that the end result will be slower than the current GUILE/Scheme combo.
My coding time is precious than machine's working one:)

 Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden -

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino