Feature request - jazz / bigband notation and caesurae

From: lilypond
Subject: Feature request - jazz / bigband notation and caesurae
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:59:24 +0100

Seeing as I've made enough of a fuss about other things ...

I've seen somebody else ask about modern "tram-line" caesurae, and I want
things like a free-format gliss ...

What sort of price am I looking at to sponsor these - I guess it's just a new
character in a font?

Basically the four things I can think of at the moment are

1) tram-line caesurae
2/3) straight-line and zigzag glisses WITHOUT a terminating note (or is there a
way of doing that using hidden notes, a bit like rests can be pushed around?)
4) not sure what it's called, but it looks like a right parenthesis hanging
from the note head, usually seen for trombones and trumpets, and again is a
form of gliss.

5) Any other jazz notation I come across ...

NB - while looking at the sponsor page I saw mention of using \repeat to do DS
al Coda type repeats. I can't remember whether it mentioned DC al Fine which I
get a lot of ...

Cheers,
Wol