Re: Glissando length

From: Benedict Singer
Subject: Re: Glissando length
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:30:49 -0500

Thanks for your suggestions! I'd rather avoid doing manual line-breaks, as lilypond does the line-breaking well in general. At the scales that this is an issue, decreasing the gap wouldn't help either. Somebody else pointed me towards \once \override Score.SeparationItem #'padding = #1, and this works well. For now, I'm just overriding the padding for the entire section to be 1.5, and this does a nice job with the glissandi, although it spaces out the whole section way too much (as expected). At least this lets me and others see where the glissandi are, and when I clean up the score I'll look into using the skips like you suggest. Thanks again!

Ben

address@hidden wrote:
Hi Ben

I would like to suggest three (more or less sophisticated) solutions for your problem:

- you could insert additional line breaks to increase the distance between notes

- decrease the gap between note and glissando:
  \once \override Glissando#'gap = #0.1 (standard value is 0.5)

- (my favourite) use skips as spacers between the notes:
  c4 \glissando s8 d4*1/2
  you can even shift both notes symmetrically (see code bellow)

Stefan @Munich

% %%%
\version "2.8.3"

\layout {