Re: invisible time signature

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: invisible time signature
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 02:24:55 -0700

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi, Mark:

I was wondering how to make an invisible time signature.

Try one of

    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
    \override Score.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
This works for me:

   \new Staff \with {
     \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
   }

choosing the particular context (scope) from which you want to eliminate the time signature.

Also, I'm kind of wondering if there's a better way of adding an extra clef half-way through the song (without facilitating the need for lots of skips).

Not sure what you mean here -- if you mean CHANGING clefs, just use
I think he means staff here.

Paul Scott