Re: lilypond and editors

From: Tapio Tuovila
Subject: Re: lilypond and editors
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:09:24 +0200

Frédéric Chiasson kirjoitti:
Well, I never tried jEdit on Mac. But I tried it on PC and the LilypondTool didn't work out and I had so many problems that I discarded it after a week.
On the other hand, I have used jEdit with LilypondTool on PC (SuSE and Ubuntu linux) for over two years on almost daily basis; here this combination has worked all the time and has grown better and better, (IMHO, that is. )

So I would like to encourage anybody to give jEdit at least a try, I find jEdit with LilypondTool quite an effective tool.

my best wishes,
Tapio