Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:08:24 +0100

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 22:20 +1000, Kim Bastin wrote:
> What's the override for moving the ends of a hairpin horizontally? I
> need to start one a little to the right of its default position because
> it collides with a cross-staffed note. But I can only find information
> about moving hairpins vertically.

Probably the easiest method is to attach the hairpin to spacer notes in
a second voice:

<< { c'4 d' e' f' g'1 } \\ { s8 s8\< s2. s1\! } >>

You can adjust the duration of the first spacer note to move the
left-hand end of the hairpin.

I also can't find a direct interface for horizontally adjusting just one
end of a hairpin.

PS: Hi Kim, haven't seen you for years... how's Melbourne?

--
Mark Knoop