Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally

From: kieren_macmillan
Subject: Re: Moving a hairpin horizontally
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:21:05 +0000

Mats,

I would have though that
\override Hairpin #'bound-padding = #2.0
should do the job, but it seems that it only affect the right end, not the left end. Of course, you could then use a combination of X-offset and bound-padding to get
what you want, but I'm not convinced that this is the expected behaviour.

Agreed.

On a not-too-distantly related note, I again put up a sponsorship offer for the ability to control padding of such items BY NOTE DURATION. For example, I would love to have a Hairpin on a whole note start at the half-note position and be 3/8s long (i.e., stop 1/8 before the end of the whole note) by saying

   \override Hairpin #'bound-padding = #'((1 . 2) (1 . 8))

or whatever format is best/intuitive.

Any savvy devs out there want a little extra ca$h??  ;-)

Cheers,
Kieren.