Re: install on shared host without root access?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: install on shared host without root access?
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:22:45 +0200

Am 2010-07-03 um 08:58 schrieb Vijith Assar:

OK, progress! It was the home directory thing, as HHR suggested.

good

I replaced the $wgLilypond variable with just "/" and the error message changed to "/ is a directory." Then I changed it to "/lilypond/" and was
back to "no such file or directory."

Why do you insist to start at root ("/")? If you dont have root access, you can't access anything at root. Sounds logical?

Maybe you have a chroot'ed environment where / is mapped to something like /home/youraccount, but that would surprise me.

#!/bin/sh
me=`basename $0`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/lilypond/usr/lib"
exec "/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"

I guess you need the absolute path to your lilypond installation - and that won't be at root!

Further, you can't expect to run anything own in a "super cheap" shared hosting environment, and this is not the place to discuss web hosting details.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm