Re: chord names with lowered bass

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: chord names with lowered bass
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:51:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:43:04 +0200, Marc Hohl wrote:

> Am 26.06.2011 09:52, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Marc Hohl<address@hidden>  writes:
>>
>>> Not to speak about accordion, where upper case letters denote the bass
>>> note and lower case letters the chord.
>>>
>>> So you'll have (depending on the rhythm)
>>>
>>> C c c c / _E_ c c c / C c c c / E e e e / A am am am
>> More likely
>>
>> C c G c / _E_ c C c / C c G c / E e7 _G#_ e7 / A am E am
>>
>> (the underlined bass notes are played in the row of thirds, and the
>> whole is a typical Oompah accompaniment).
> Yeah, of course! ;-)

But seriously, the previous poster illustrated the problem with
lower case minor very well. I dislike intensely any music
notation which tends to become unclear when handwritten, such as
C and c, but AFAIK anyone who likes it can have it. Might it not
be so with lower case bass notes?  Regards, daveA

--
http://www.openguitar.com/contact.html
address@hidden