Re: New LilyPond tutorial

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: New LilyPond tutorial
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:36:16 +0200

On Aug 24, 2011, at 2:00 AM, Urs Liska wrote:

Hello list,

I have just put a new tutorial online. You can read it at

It is meant for intermediate beginners who want to go for some more complex tasks and are as confused with LilyPond as I was not long ago.

I'd give it a version number of 0.8.
So any constructive feedback is welcome.
Comments that arent' interesting for the public (linguistic details for example) please privately, LilyPond related comments on the list.

I hope it helps someone

How about:

tweakNine = {
  % Avoid collisions with the accent mark
  \override Script #'avoid-slur = #'outside
  \override Script #'slur-padding = #'0.1

unTweakNine = {
  \revert Script #'avoid-slur
  \revert Script #'slur-padding

And then

rightThree = \relative f'' {
  f2\ff->\( c4.-> b8-> | % measure 1
  \change Staff = "left"
  f2.-> g4-> | % measure 2
  <as, des fes as>->\)\arpeggio \oneVoice r4 \voiceOne r2