[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: strange lilypond errors in 2.15.24

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: strange lilypond errors in 2.15.24
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:09:05 +0100

Hi Saul,

2012/1/12 Saul Tobin <address@hidden>:
> I think you commented something like that on an earlier thread. It was a very
> helpful approach, so thank you for the suggestion. I've done precisely that
> with this problem, but, as I described in the original post and my most recent
> reply, each section of the code compiles fine by itself.
> Saul
> On Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:38:41 AM you wrote:
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Shevek" <address@hidden>
>> To: <address@hidden>
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:20 PM
>> Subject: Re: strange lilypond errors in 2.15.24
>> > Francisco Vila wrote:
>> >> With the typos corrected and some content inside braces I obtain no
>> >> errors or warnings.
>> >
>> > The example also compiles fine for me. As I noted in my original post,
>> > that
>> > is one of the odd things about the error I'm getting. The line I marked
>> > causes a crash in the context of my project, but when I made a simple
>> > example, it gives me no problems. Similarly, in the other project, I
>> > can't trace the crash to any specific lines of code.
>> The way I approach issues like this is to take out half the notes and check
>> to see whether it can compile, and continue to do this until it will.  The
>> problem must lie in the bit just removed.  It can be laborious, but I've
>> personally always found errors in my code.
>> --
>> Phil Holmes

sometimes it is _very_ difficult to debug a large file. :(
If the way Phil (and others) suggested shows no result, you can try to
make something like a "dummy-file". I.e. delete all music, overrides
etc and introduce first a simple line of music, with \repeat unfold
... into the most simplified score-set-up.
Second: add successive the needed commands to the score-setup.
Third: replace one by one the \repeat unfold music with the original

In the attached file I made a 20-staff-score. Then I tested to add
lyrics and chords to each staff. Third I added alignBelowContext and
alignAboveContext to chords respectively lyrics.
If you compile it, you get a 100-pages-pdf without problems, at least
with "2.15.20"

The only other way would be to post the entire file hoping someone
with much leisure time can help you.


Description: Text Data

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]