difficulty getting quoteDuring to work in combination with transposition

From: user3871075
Subject: difficulty getting quoteDuring to work in combination with transposition
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 22:05:01 -0600

Hey everyone,

I think I'm following the documentation faithfully, but I can't get quoteDuring to work in combination with transposition.  The various threads I've found via Google haven't helped.  I saw one fairly old bug report along these lines marked as fixed that had to do with midi, but I don't care about midi output, and regardless it wasn't clear to me whether / how it impacted typeset output.

Anyway, my use-case is I have a trumpet part that I want to quote into the clarinet part.  Then I want to transpose the clarinet part to alto sax.  Per suggestions in the lilypond documentation I have all of my raw music transposed into C so that it's easier to combine and then I transpose it to the correct per-instrument notes in the score.

See below for example lilypond source.  The quoted trumpet note is not getting transposed in either the clarinet or the alto sax part regardless of whether I insert a (what I think should be unnecessary) \tranposition c' into the score as was discussed in one thread I found.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Russ

\version "2.18.2"

trumpetNotes = \transpose c bes \relative c'' {
  \transposition bes
  c4 |
  c4 |
  c4 |
  c4 |
}

\addQuote "trumpet" \trumpetNotes
clarinetNotes = \transpose c bes \relative c'' {
  \transposition bes
  g4 |
  \quoteDuring #"trumpet" { s4 }
  g4 |
  g4 |
}

altoSaxNotes = \clarinetNotes

<<
   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "trumpet" } \transpose bes c { \trumpetNotes }
   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "clarinet" } \transpose bes c { \clarinetNotes }
   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "alto sax" } \transpose ees c { \altoSaxNotes }

   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "trumpet" } \transpose bes c {
     \transposition c' \trumpetNotes }
   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "clarinet" } \transpose bes c {
     \transposition c' \clarinetNotes }
   \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "alto sax" } \transpose ees c {
     \transposition c' \altoSaxNotes }