Re: vars and multiple scores

From: Klaus Ethgen
Subject: Re: vars and multiple scores
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 20:50:32 +0100

Hi David,

first, please reply on the list only. I do monitor it; at least in this
early state of learning. ;-)

Am Mo den 14. Jan 2019 um 20:15 schrieb David Bowen:
>    Have you considered the possibility of making each song its own file and
> then using lylualatex to build the songbook.

Something like that was in my mind at first. (Using pdflatex instead of
lylualatex) But at the moment I would be more than happy to have a
simple but pretty printed songbook. So I decided to start with a
lilypond file and I might split it up in future.

> I'm using that workflow to
> create a collection of barbershop tags, where the tags run about two or
> three lines. I have a lilypond template for tags that defines standard
> names for note and lyric variables and having one tag per file eliminates
> conflicts between tags. Using lylualatex makes it easy to generate indexes
> and also to rearrange tags if I need to move things around to improve the
> spacing on a page.

If you have some simple example, that would be nice.

How would it look like? Would it be a full lilypond file with version
and core->cords, frets, grandtsaff->voices and lyrics or would the
lyrics come from inside LaTeX?

I think, I should use "\lilypondfile{sond1.ly}" in latex for such files
and then use just pdflatex to compile it?

But the lilypond-book seems to have a weird bug. When called
"lilypond-book test.lytex", it gives me a stack trace with
"UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xbb in position 0:
invalid start byte".

I have the input files in utf-8 but my environment is latin1. When I set
the LC_ALL to C, it works.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <address@hidden>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C