lmi

[lmi] Regression with wx-2.9.0-RC2

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Regression with wx-2.9.0-RC2
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 20:04:54 +0000

I built lmi with wx-2.9.0-RC2 and tried to run it this way:
  ./lmi_wx_shared --data_path=/opt/lmi/data
and the GUI never appeared. The process starts--it's visible in
msw "task manager". But everything seems to work as expected if
(unlike the above command line) I supply the secret "backdoor"
flag known to Tolkien fans (`grep durbatul *.?pp`).

I see this on both my customary machine, and another where I
obliterated everything and did a completely clean build (with
'--disable-stc' on the latter machine, which lacks python).

I haven't had time to debug this yet, but thought I'd mention
it right away in case you can easily reproduce it. I'll study
it closely tonight.