lmi

Re: [lmi] Regression with wx-2.9.0-RC2

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Regression with wx-2.9.0-RC2
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 01:08:02 +0200

On Fri, 08 May 2009 20:04:54 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I built lmi with wx-2.9.0-RC2 and tried to run it this way:
GC>   ./lmi_wx_shared --data_path=/opt/lmi/data
GC> and the GUI never appeared.
GC> I haven't had time to debug this yet, but thought I'd mention
GC> it right away in case you can easily reproduce it. I'll study
GC> it closely tonight.

 Sorry, I have no idea about this -- I am using (well, debugging, mostly)
LMI with 2.9 myself and have never seen this problem. As for debugging
this, the first thing I'd check would be if the main window is created at
all, e.g. using the Spy++ utility included in the Platform SDK. If it is
created, it must be position off screen (or resized to something
ridiculous) to be invisible. But my suspicion is that it isn't created
because of some fatal error which somehow gets lost and unreported when
using mingw32. However at this stage this is pure speculation, of course.

 Sorry for lack of help,
VZ