Re: [Ltib] Trouble adding new package in LTIB

From: James E. Chargin Jr.
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Trouble adding new package in LTIB
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:19:59 -0700

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I have added the md5 as Peter suggested.
I have also "activated" the package via LTIB. On exit from LTIB, I get output from rpmbuild. During this, I get the message (which I mentioned previously):

8--
configure: error: termcap could not be found which is required for the --with-readline option (which is enabled by default). Either disable readline support with --without-readline or download and install termcap from:
        ftp.gnu.org/gnu/termcap
Note: if you are using precompiled packages you will also need the development package as well (which may be called termcap-devel or something similar). Note: (n)curses also seems to work as a substitute for termcap. This was not found either - but you could try installing that as well.
--8

As I indicated, I need help with this. I would prefer (I think) to build without termcap, rather than include it on my embedded system, but I don't know where I would specify --without-readline. I know this would be a command line parameter for configure, but I don't know where that command line is generated.

Could someone provide guidance?

Thank you very much,
Jim