Re: [Ltib] Help LTIB Installing

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Help LTIB Installing
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:45:15 +0100

Hi Dick,

This is caused by newer distributions having later gcc's with stricter checks.

Your best bet is to upgrade to the latest, 8-1-2 is over a year and a half old. CVS is the best option.

You could probably fix this particular problem by copying in the later mtd-utils spec files. However on a distribution that is newer than the LTIB release you're likely to run into other problems. So please upgrade.

Regards, Stuart

Dick Tseng wrote:
Hi All,
When I reinstall Linux (OpenSUSE) and run "./install"
I got this error message from host_config.log, as below.
What step is let me do ?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
make: Entering directory `/opt/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/mtd/util'
gcc -I../include -O2 -Wall -g -c -o ftl_format.o ftl_format.c -g -Wp,-MD,.ftl_format.c.dep
In file included from /usr/include/endian.h:61,
                 from /usr/include/sys/types.h:217,
                 from ftl_format.c:38:
../include/bits/byteswap.h:21:3: error: #error "Never use <bits/byteswap.h> directly; include <byteswap.h> instead."
make: *** [ftl_format.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/opt/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/mtd/util'
error: Bad exit status from /home/kouda/ltib-8-1-2-sv/tmp/rpm-tmp.30596 (%build)

RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /home/kouda/ltib-8-1-2-sv/tmp/rpm-tmp.30596 (%build)
Build time for mtd-utils: 1 seconds

Failed building mtd-utils
Died at ./ltib line 1251.