Re: [Ltib] Qt on Freescale iMX 35

From: Svein Seldal
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Qt on Freescale iMX 35
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:08:48 +0200

Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi Svein,

I can only talk from past experience. Qtopia has in the past been one of the most difficult packages to get building. Its build system is "unique" and the worst problem is that failed builds can't be successfully restarted.

I have a suspicion that there's something "fishy" with the compilation
of Qtopia(-4).

I tried to compile Qtopia-4 on a fresh Ubuntu installation and it failed
numerous times due to missing host libraries: libglib2.0-dev,
libx11-dev, libxext-dev, libxtst-dev, libqt4-designer were all missing
(in turn).

When I install these packages on the _host_, Qtiopia is satisfied and
will continue. But correct me if I'm wrong, Qtopia should not be
dependent on libraries on the HOST, right? So it may turn out we miss
some of these library dependencies for the target?

Another thing I noticed is that Qtopia complains that the build and
source directories as the same:

WARNING: In-source builds are not reliable. You should build from a
         different directory to ensure that you do not run into
         problems.

Could this be related to the "uniqueness" of the building process?

I will surely take a look at this later on.

PS! Steve have you used Qtopia for real live production system, or just for inclusion into ltib?

- Svein