Re: [Ltib] spec file pulling from CVS

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: Re: [Ltib] spec file pulling from CVS
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:30:46 +0100

Stuart,
thank you for your always valuable support! See comments below.

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 17:14 +0000, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> I've checked in a fix to CVS that should fix the issue you're having.

Checked out!

> The principal idea of that section is to allow packages that have
> *already been unpacked* to be continued (after failure) or rebuilt (with
> scbuild etc).  Also even more important, that section stops you running
> -m prep twice on the same package, as this would clobber any changes you
> had in an unpacked source tree.

Sounds good! ;-)

> In your example you will be able to run -m prep once.  Once there is a
> directory in existence corresponding to %{buildsubdir} if you try to run
> -m prep again it will complain (about clobber).

I'm giving it a test. It works as expected now, except from the clobber
warning not being displayed when you run with -m prep twice. It's just
returning with an error. I think you have to fix the warn-related test
too:

> # Don't allow scbuild/scdeploy of host rpms
> if($cf->{hostinst} || $cf->{mode} ne 'buildrpms') {
>       warn(<<TXT) unless $tok->{version} eq 'local';
>
> Cowardly refusing to clobber existing directory:
>  $cf->{rpmdir}/BUILD/$tok->{pkg_dir_name}
> Remove this by hand if you really want to rebuild this package from scratch
>
> TXT
>         $cf->{pkg_build_failures} .= "$sn ";
>       return;
> }