[Ltib] Shared library problem

From: ahmet fazil say
Subject: [Ltib] Shared library problem
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:57:43 -0700

Hi everybody,

I am new to ltib. So far I used busybox and my own cross applications with static compile option. They work fine when they are compiled static. Yesterday I start to port a fairly larger application, which has shared library dependency. I compile without any problem, but resulting executable doesn't run. Then I tried a simple hello world program without static compile. It didn't run either. When I try to run hello world, i receive following message.

#./hello_world
-/bin/sh : ./hello_world: not found

Since hello world runs without any problem when compiled statically, I thought there is a shared library problem. I checked dependency of hello_world with

#arm-linux-gnu-objdump -x a.out | grep NEEDED

and result is: NEEDED libc.so.6

So I tried to push compiler to use arm toolchain's libc with.

arm-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -L/opt/nxp/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6/arm-linux-gnu/arm-linux-gnu/lib program.c -lc

but it didn't work either. Are there any other problem, or do i miss any configuration in kernel?

Thank you.