lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:22:28 +0100

 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>: wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2010, at 19:26, address@hidden wrote:
>> I haven't had a look at the LWIPv6 sources yet, but given Ivan's current
>> efforts on lwIP + IPv6, it might be worth checking if we could share lwIP's
>> core code, wouldn't it?
>
> That's effectively how it is now, with LWIPv6 using lwIP at its core, with a
> set of changes to add support for IPV6, and then further applications and
> higher layer protocols added.

I haven't found a downloadable source distribution under the first google
results, but from what I saw, the multi-stack support rather changes a lot in
the sources copied from lwIP. My intention would have been to let LWIPv6 use
lwIP without any changes (once we have decent IPv6 support), but given the
multi-stack changes, I don't that's as easy as I imagined.

Simon