lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] raw API

From: Greg Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] raw API
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:15:56 +0000

Hi.

I was (am?) recently learning about sockets myself. I have found the following two websites to have very good introduction.
Primer: http://cis-linux1.temple.edu/~giorgio/old/cis307s96/readings/docs/sockets.html
More detail: http://wiki.treck.com/Introduction_to_BSD_Sockets

> Perhaps can you link to me some example with sockets API, but I'm using RTOS
> and I need to initialize the socket in proper way.

Additionally, if you look at the 'contrib' examples (version 1.4.1 is here: http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/; but you may want to get the latest 2.x from git), there are some good ones for sockets. I referenced "socket_examples" and "chargen" in apps.

I also used the "win32" port to understand how to enable reading from a socket in one thread and writing to that same socket in a different thread, should you choose that complication.

Good luck.
-- G