Re: LYNX-DEV update

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV update
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 14:02:19 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       An update of is available in:
> 1997-06-29
> * Worked in KW's chartrans support, casting all of its code to the Lynx
>   Programming Style, adapting it for features not yet included in the
>   development code set, and adding a build procedure for VMS.  With this
>   support, the display character set need not match the document's charset
>   when the latter is not iso-8859-1.  See the README files in src/chrtrans
>   for more information.  Three new configuration symbols (ASSUME_CHARSET,
>   ASSUME_LOCAL_CHARSET, and ASSUME_UNREC_CHARSET) and command line switches
>   (-assume_charset=MIMEname, -assume_local_charset=MIMEname, and
>   -assume_unrec_charset=MIMEname) are added.  See lynx.cfg for more
>   information about them. - FM

I have just tried that on Ultrix 4.4 + slang with its native C compiler
(the development code uses gcc if available, which was my case), and it

-I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP
cfe: Error: UCdomap.c, line 458: redeclaration of
'hashtable_str_contents_valid'; previous declaration at line 259 in file
 static           int hashtable_str_contents_valid = 0;
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

Hynek Med, address@hidden